Not all mold is harmful.
In fact depending on the amount present you may be able to easily clean and remove it yourself with the right amount of protective equipment. Mildew can be found on many surfaces and can also be cleaned and removed. The problem is the identification of each can be difficult. Mold restoration by a professional may be necessary when in doubt.
Difference between Mold and Mildew
- Mildew is more common in basements, bathrooms, laundry baskets, fabric and paper. It is usually grey or white in color
- Mold is usually black, green or red and can also be found in bathrooms, basements, fabric and paper.
- If you question what you see or know of occupants that are experiencing health issues, get a professional opinion or third party inspector to test immediately.
The problem is that excessive humidity, a water leak, water intrusion or exposure to moisture over time can cause mold to flourish in any home or commercial building. This can occur from a leaky pipe or roof, washing machine hose break, or major water spill or flood. Mold comes in all shapes, colors and sizes. If you see it on a surface, like drywall, there is a good chance it will be flourishing on the side you can not see. At this point mold restoration performed by ECO may be necessary.
ECO's certified professionals have the training and experience to:
- Identify moisture sources
- Evaluate mold growth (visible or suspected)
- Contain damage to the smallest area possible
- Physically remove contamination
- Dry materials to ensure that mold will not return
- Perform or recommend procedures for returning property to a pre-loss condition
Call Us Today for a Free Quote.
DC/VA 301.261.1966 Baltimore/Annapolis 410.647.2800